New Horizons Un-Limited Inc.
NHU Community Forum and Topic Discussion Boards
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Here is a brief explanation of some of the questions you may have
about the NHU Community Forum.
Q: Do I have to register To use the NHU Community Forum and Topic Discussion Boards?
- A: Anyone may view the NHU Community Forum. However, to post messages or use any
of the features of the Forum and Topic Discussion Boards, you must be a member and register.
Joining is free. You will not need to use your real
name, you must choose a user name and you will need to send us a valid e-mail address.
- Important! To become a member of the forum, you must submit the NHU Community Forum Membership Form before you register.
- To learn how to register, go to Join Now!
Q: Can I put html tags anywhere in my posts?
- A: No. You can not use HTML tags in posts. Instead NHU allows the use
of SMF Bulletin Board Code in posts. This code is similar to HTML, but safe and
standardized for bulletin board use. Further information is available on the Forum's
Help facility. To access, go to the forum, click the Help link near the top of the page.
When the help screen appears, click Posting, then click Bulletin Board Code. A complete chart of the Bulletin Board Code is available.
Q: Can I use smileys or emoticons?
- A: Information on using smileys and emoticons is available on the Forum's help facility.
To access, go to the forum, click the Help link near the top of the page. When the help screen appears,
click Posting, then scroll down and click on Smileys. A complete chart of smileys is available.
Q: How can I change my registration profile?
- A: You may easily change any info stored in your registration profile, using the "profile"
link located near the top of each page. Simply identify yourself by typing your username and password and
all of your profile information will appear on screen. You may change any items, except your username.
Q: Can I customize the bulletin board?
- A: Any customization options are in your registration profile.
You may modify information stored in your registration profile, using the
"profile" link located near the top of each page.
Q: Can I attach files?
- A: For security reasons, you may not attach files to any posts. You may cut and paste
text into your posts or use UBB Code to provide hyperlinks to outside documents.
Q: Can I search?
- A: Yes. Click the "Search" link located near the top of the screen. A search screen
will appear where you can specify your search criteria.
Q: Can I add a standard signature to my posts?
- A: Yes. You can define your signature in your registration profile,
Click the Profile link located near the top of the screen. Simply identify yourself
by typing your username and password and all of your profile information will appear
on screen. Scroll down until you see the Signature box and
enter the information you want to appear at the end of your posts.
Q: Are cookies used?
Q: What are announcements?
- A: Announcements are one-way communications from either a forum moderator or a
bulletin board administrator. No one may post replies to these announcements. If you want to
discuss a specific announcement, you will need to create a new topic in the appropriate forum.
Q: What do I do if I lose my username and/or password
- A: When you click logon, it shows a logon screen. Click 'forgot password'
on the login screen. It will bring up another screen where you enter either your user id
or your email address to request a new password from NHU. Another option is to email the
board administrator at email@example.com.
Q: Can I be notified by email if someone responds to my topic?
- A: When you create a new topic, you have the option of receiving an email
notification every time someone posts a reply to your topic. To use this feature, check
the email notification box on the "New Topic" forum when you create your new topic.
For more on the topic of the NHU Community Forum:
About the Forum /
Terms of Agreement /
Glossary of Terms /
Posting Messages /
Join Now! /
Guides on Writing
Go now to the NHU Community Forum.
Disclaimer: All material provided in the NHU Community Forum is provided for educational or entertainment purposes only.
If you have questions or ideas, information and solutions that
you would like to share with us directly, contact us by e-mail at:
or to use our NHU E-Mail Form, click the links below.
© Copyright 2005, 2008, 2011 New Horizons Un-Limited Inc.
[Updated December 31, 2011]
NHU has no liability for content or goods on the Internet.