Author Topic: Help paying medicine, hospital or doctor bills  (Read 11895 times)

NHU Community Friend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Help paying medicine, hospital or doctor bills
« on: January 03, 2005, 01:38:14 PM »
Need help paying medicine, hospital & doctor bills!  Do you know of a program that can help? ???
NHU Community Friend

stephy 40

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re:Help paying medicine, hospital or doctor bills
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 11:41:59 AM »
Hello my name is stephanie,
i'm needing help paying my doctors bill,i'm seeing over 10 or 15 different doctors and i don't have good insurance.i'm still going back and forth to the doctors to run different kinds of test.i have over 25 different bills i try to pay some on some but i just don't have the money.it's costing me more money to go to the doctors than to send.is there any help out there for me please.they are now sending my bills to collection can someone help?thank you

hippoman

• I'm a llama!
    • MSN Messenger - bigdaddy_1952@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 04:29:08 PM »
HI  I AM LOOKING FOR SOME HELP PAYING MY DR. AND HOSPITAL BILLS . I HAVE BREAST CANER AND YES I AM A MALE THAT IS RARE IN MEN. BUT WE CAN GET IT. I FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY . SO GOD WILLING IF I CAN HELP SOMEONE ELSE GET MORE INFO ON THIS I WILL DO MY BEST . ??? >:(THANKS GENE

NHU Community Friend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 08:00:12 AM »
For help paying medicine, hospital or doctor bills, consider options as outlined by the American Cancer Society.  See their article  Medical Insurance and Financial Assistance for the Cancer Patient
 http://www.cancer.org/docroot/MLT/content/MLT_1x_Medical_Insurance_and_Financial_Assistance_for_the_Cancer_Patient.asp
<p>
This comprehensive article offers complete information about insurance.  In addition, it also suggests you enlist the aid of your social worker, speak to all parties to whom you owe money, possibly enlist them in assistance in your present circumstances, and consider asking for assistance for your mortgage, rent, food or utility bills to assist during your current situation.   We hope this can be helpful to you!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 11:31:50 AM by NHU Community Friend »
NHU Community Friend

bunnypag

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 03:51:16 PM »
Hi ,i am here asking for some help for my sister who was diganosed 6 yrs ago with breast cancer ,now she has been informed that she has it in the other breast ,she has insurance but it only pays a portion of her bill and she needs some help very bad ,we lost a sister in 1992 with breast cancer,so shes really scared ,so i am asking for help for her ,god bless each and every one of you.Thanks a very close sister ,Bonnie :-[ :-[

NHU Community Friend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 10:29:20 AM »
Sometimes one can get charity assistance through the hospital that you owe.  Fill out the  forms and apply.  Sometimes they will pay for it all, maybe just a percentage.  You may have to qualify but sometimes you do not have to be low income or have an overwhelming amount of bills.  
NHU Community Friend

forterme

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 11:22:30 AM »
You never mentioned looking into Medicare or Medicaid.  We certainly pay enough into the system, so maybe it's time they help you.  While Medicare is great for paying doctors office visits and hospitals, there is always the problems with scripts (except for these new drug plans that just came out).  Medicaid is different from state to state regarding benifits.  Whatever you do, don't stop looking for help, and don't give up just because you've heard someone else say that it's taken them years before getting approved.  There is a program called "Fast Track" that can get you approved in as little as 90 days, and yes, it does work.  Good luck, and try to stay focused on the sunshine. :)
Forterme

bernard

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 05:37:56 PM »
need help paying hospital bills i was hurt on a job that didnt provide ins. i have about 25,000 owed in medical bills any help would be greatly appreciated